Butterfly Wishes...

Margaret introduced me a few weeks ago and I have been meaning to post up something but haven't been able to sit down to do so until tonight. My name is Jeanie and I help plan weddings and other events with Margaret. We have been working together since October 2007. We both work full time and do the event planning on the side because we love it!

On to butterflies... my brother who lives in Florida is getting married on 2/20/10. I am creating the centerpieces for the reception. My future sister-in-law loves butterflies and wanted them incorporated as much as possible. Her colors are tiffany blue and marine (navy) blue.

The reception is being held in a ballet studio and has strict rules on what they allow as far as decoration. No open flame (so, NO candles) and no water (no flowers in vases with water). So Margaret and I came up with an idea to use these great lighted branches, found at http://www.bellaaeris.com/bellaaeris/products.htm

Here is a picture of the "mock" centerpiece:

For the "mock" centerpiece, I quickly cut out some cardboard butterflies. For the real centerpieces, I wanted to use some fake/silk butterflies in the 2 blues. I looked all over (Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Michael's, and Walmart) but could not find exactly what I was looking for. So back to the craft stores to the scrapbook aisle to find a butterfly paper punch and some colored paper.
I loved the negative of the paper punch, so I am going to scatter these around on the tables. Or find something great to do with them. Can't let them go to waste!

I used fishing line to hang the butterflies from the branches. Use a straight pin to make your hole for the fishing line. Tie a knot on the bottom side so the butterfly doesn't slide off.

I will post up some pictures of the real centerpieces after the wedding. For now I have to run... and assemble about 50 more butterflies!

Jeanie